The Peter J. Eloranta Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships are awarded each spring to MIT undergraduates who have submitted proposals to conduct novel research or further develop innovative ideas, devices, prototypes, etc. The Eloranta Summer Fellowship Committee makes the award based on its review of submitted proposals. In making awards, the selection committee looks for proposals with a WOW quality: Well-written, Original, and Workable. Each individual fellowship is $7,000 and may be used to cover project materials and services costs, travel, and/or living expenses.
Explore this site to learn more about this exciting opportunity, including proposal guidelines, application dates, and more.
- Fellowship Information Sessions will be held during the 2019-2020 academic year. Attend one of these sessions to learn more about how to craft a winning proposal.
- Thursday, January 23, 2020, 3:00pm, Rm.
- Thursday, February 6, 2020, 4:00pm, Rm.
- Wednesday, February 20, 2020, 3:00pm, Rm.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 4:00pm, Rm.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 4:00pm, Rm.
- Summer 2020 Proposal Deadline: Monday, April 6, 2020, 5pm ET