The Peter J. Eloranta Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships are awarded each spring to MIT undergraduates who have submitted proposals to conduct novel research or further develop innovative ideas, devices, prototypes, etc. The Eloranta Summer Fellowship Committee makes the award based on its review of submitted proposals. In making awards, the selection committee looks for proposals with a WOW quality: Well-written, Original, and Workable. Each individual fellowship is $7,000 and may be used to cover project materials and services costs, travel, and/or living expenses.
Explore this site to learn more about this exciting opportunity, including proposal guidelines, application dates, and more.
- Fellowship Information Sessions will be held during the 2020-2021 academic year. Sign-up to attend one of our Zoom info sessions (mit.edu address required) to learn more about how to craft a winning proposal. Sign-up: https://forms.gle/RLeGrcts541UivDZ6
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 4:00pm ET
- Thursday, February 18, 2021, 3pm ET
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 4pm ET
- Thursday, March 11, 2021, 4pm ET
- Summer 2021 Proposal Deadline: Friday, April 9, 2021, 5pm ET
SUMMER 2021 UPDATE:
Due to the unknown structure of Summer 2021, the Eloranta Fellowships will again be awarded to projects that can be conducted remotely, without travel or lab/facilities access requirements. You are welcome to provide a contingency plan for in-person research, should the trajectory of the pandemic change. Currently, fellowships will be awarded based the remote work plan presented.
Please contact Alex Hoyt at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Submit your application proposal and related materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.