Skip to content

Wellesley College Students

Wellesley College students are eligible to UROP provided that they are cross-registered at MIT for each term in which their UROPs take place.

Important Information for Wellesley College Students

Wellesley College undergraduates must cross-register for UROPs each semester and submit a UROP application by the term’s stated deadline.

Please follow the instructions on the Wellesley student checklist for cross-registration and submission of a UROP application. 

For details on funding resources from Wellesley College (in the event your faculty supervisor does not have funds for you), please see Wellesley College Science Center Student Research and Funding Opportunities page.


If you are a Wellesley College international student choosing to pursue a paid UROP opportunity, please consult with the Slater International Center to obtain proper off-campus work authorization  at least 2 weeks before beginning any paid research opportunity at MIT.

After cross-registering you may need to submit your online UROP application well before the term’s application deadline in order to get lab access (many labs want to verify UROP status before granting access).

Student Advice & Resources

If you’re excited by the possibility of doing real-world research with MIT faculty and researchers, they you’re ready to UROP.

Check it out