The UROP Office welcomes UROP mentors to nominate current undergraduates for the Outstanding UROP Student Award. Nominated students should have made outstanding contributions as undergraduate researchers within their field.
One student recipient will be selected for each of the MIT schools based on submitted nominations.
See Outstanding UROP Student Award Recipients for details on prior awardees.
UROP supervisors (faculty, researchers, post-docs, and graduate students) may nominate any undergraduate who is an active UROP participant and has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to research. The student’s work may have been conducted at any time between the Summer 2021 term and the present.
Nominations should highlight the student’s research dedication including:
- Commitment to their research projects;
- Contributions within the lab/field;
- Presentations (whether in-lab, for the department, elsewhere at MIT, or at professional conferences);
- Publications (student-authored papers, posters, abstracts, ournal articles, etc.);
- Leadership and/or Collaborative skills;
- Conference attendance;
- Patents, etc.
Please submit nominations via email to email@example.com. Additional evidence of research excellence (i.e. student-authored paper, poster, abstract, journal publication, etc.) may also be submitted, but is not required.