The UROP Office welcomes UROP mentors to nominate current undergraduates for the Outstanding UROP Student Award. Nominated students should have made outstanding contributions as undergraduate researchers within their field.
Recipients will be selected for each of the MIT schools and college based on submitted nominations.
UROP mentors (faculty, researchers, post-docs, and graduate students) may nominate any active UROP participant who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to research. The student’s work may have been conducted at any time between the Summer 2022 term and Spring 2023.
Nominations should highlight the student’s research dedication including:
- Commitment to their research projects;
- Contributions within the lab/field;
- Presentations (in-lab, departmental, elsewhere at MIT, professional conferences, etc.);
- Publications (student-authored papers, posters, abstracts, journal articles, etc.);
- Leadership and/or collaboration skills;
- Patents, conference attendance, fieldwork, etc.
We are no longer accepting nominations for 2022-2023. Please check back in early spring 2024 to nominate students for the 2023-2024 cycle.
Additional evidence of research excellence (i.e. student-authored paper, poster, abstract, journal publication, etc.) may also be submitted, but is not required.