While we understand that you may be wondering about plans for summer UROP, we do not yet have answers on impacts beyond the current spring term. We will communicate to the UROP community as soon as additional information and guidance is available and appreciate your understanding as we navigate rapidly changing conditions. Once we understand plans for the summer term, we will post an update here.
Students must submit online UROP applications to faculty supervisors for review no later than 5pm on the deadline dates listed in this section by term and proposal type. Students conducting UROPs for academic credit, must also be sure to register credit with the Registrar by the registration deadlines indicated for each term.
Any questions or concerns about meeting these deadlines, should be addressed with UROP staff, ASAP. We can be reached via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 617-253-7306, or in Room 7-104.
- Wellesley Students must also heed the cross-registration deadline for each term and follow the instructions that apply specifically for cross-registered students.
- Be sure to to complete your I-9 form with MIT, if you have not done so already, before you begin work for a paid UROP. Everyone working in the U.S., regardless of their citizenship, must complete this federal form on or before their first day of work. See the I-9 form section of the Human Resources website for complete information.
Prior 2019-2020 Deadlines
- UROP Direct Funding: Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Supervisor/Sponsored Research Funding: Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Credit and Volunteer: Thursday, October 24, 2019. To receive credit, you MUST ALSO REGISTER your credit with the Registrar's Office via Add form no later than Drop Date, Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
Fall 2019 pay period: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 - Sunday, January 5, 2020