Outstanding UROP Student Award
The UROP Office welcomes faculty and researchers to nominate current undergraduates for the Outstanding UROP Student Award. Nominated students should have made outstanding contributions as undergraduate researchers within their field.
One student recipient will be selected for each of the MIT schools based on submitted nominations and awards will be conferred at a luncheon hosted by the UROP Office to honor recipients in late spring.
UROP supervisors may nominate any undergraduate who is an active UROP participant and has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to research. The student's work may have been conducted at any time between the Spring 2016 term and the present.
Nominations should highlight the student's research dedication including:
- Commitment to their research projects;
- Contributions within the lab/field;
- Presentations (whether in-lab, for the department, elsewhere at MIT, or at professional conferences);
- Publications (student-authored papers, posters, abstracts, ournal articles, etc.);
- Leadership and/or Collaborative skills;
- Conference attendance;
- Patents, etc.
Nominations should be submitted via the webform below or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 3, 2020. Additional evidence of research excellence (i.e. student-authored paper, poster, abstract, journal publication, etc.) may also be submitted via email to UROP.
Friday, April 3, 2020