UROP for Wellesley College Students
Wellesley College students are eligible to UROP provided that they are cross-registered at MIT for each term in which their UROPs take place. Follow the links below for instructions on how to cross-register for UROP and submit your online UROP application.
- Wellesley College Student UROP Deadlines: Dates by which your cross-registration and subsequent online UROP application are due.
- Wellesley Student Application Checklist: Step-by-step instructions on how to cross-register, obtain your MIT email account and submit your online UROP application.
- Wellesley students will not participate in on-campus UROP at MIT this academic year, 2020-2021. They may participate in faculty-funded or volunteer UROP opportunities that can be conducted remotely.
- Wellesley students may not register for credit-only UROP at MIT.
- MIT will not offer paid UROP to students living outside of the U.S. This applies to both Wellesley and MIT students.
- Wellesley students living in the United States can register for remote UROP for pay.
- Wellesley students can cross-register for remote UROP as volunteers.
- Wellesley students may be able to earn credit at Wellesley through registered independent study (a 250 or 350 course) with a Wellesley faculty member. Wellesley students should discuss this arrangement with the MIT UROP faculty supervisor before research commences. The Wellesley faculty member and student should collaborate with the MIT faculty member responsible for the UROP to ensure that the academic goals are met. The Wellesley faculty member bears responsibility for evaluating the student's work and conferring credit.
- MIT UROP registration is not counted as the one academic credit course students may register for at MIT each semester.