Wellesley College Student UROP Deadlines
Wellesley College students must cross-register in advance before they are able to submit online UROP applications. Deadlines for both cross-registration and UROP application forms are provided below. Any questions or concerns about meeting these deadlines, should be addressed with UROP staff, ASAP. We can be reached via email to email@example.com, by phone at 617-253-7306.
NOTE: Be sure to to complete your I-9 form with MIT, if you have not done so already, before you begin work for a paid UROP. Everyone working in the U.S., regardless of their citizenship, must complete this federal form on or before their first day of work. See the I-9 form section of the Human Resources website for complete information.
For the 2020-21 academic year, cross-registered Wellesley students may participate in faculty-funded or volunteer UROP opportunities that can be conducted remotely. Wellesley College is not allowing Wellesley undergraduates to engage in UROP for academic credit during the the 2020-21 academic year. Research on the MIT campus will not be available to Wellesley students. Note that students on leave from Wellesley are not eligible to participate in MIT UROP. Wellesley students who do not meet all each of the deadlines listed below will not be able to UROP at MIT during that term.
Due to international tax and compliance issues, MIT is not able to offer paid UROPs or other hourly wage opportunities (regardless of funding source) to undergraduate students who are not physically located in the United States. Wellesley students living abroad will only be able to pursue UROP for Volunteer.
- Cross-Registration@MIT Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2021 at 5pm ET
- Supervisor/Sponsored Research Funding: Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 11:59pm ET. Wellesley students are not eligible for UROP direct funding, so must receive funding support from faculty resources.
- Volunteer: Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 11:59pm ET.
Spring 2021 pay period: Friday, February 12, 2021 - Thursday, May 27, 2021
- Cross-Registration@MIT Deadline: Monday, June 7, 2021
- Supervisor/Sponsored Research Funding: Thursday, June 24, 2021. Wellesley students are not eligible for UROP direct funding, so must receive funding support from faculty resources.
- Volunteer: Thursday, June 24, 2021
NOTE: Wellesley College students are not eligible for in-person UROPs and must conduct all UROPs remotely this summer.
Summer 2021 pay period: Monday, June 7-Sunday, September 5, 2021