Other Experiential Learning Opportunities
There are numerous experiential learning opportunities available to MIT students - whether through programs within the Office of Experiential Learning, like UROP, or via other MIT departments.
Consider some of the opportunities highlighted below:
- D-LAB: Offers academic, research, and fieldwork programs and opportunities for students interested in designing for a more equitable world.
- PKG CENTER: Helps students connect with public service projects in local, national, and global communities and others funding opportunities to help support student projects and ideas.
- EDGERTON CENTER: Build and test projects, learn new skills, explore madcap ideas, and get advice and encouragement. The Center offers classes and student shop spaces to help students explore their passions.
- MAKERLODGE: Provides training to first year undergraduate makers – from shop safety to maker tech – and access to various makerspaces on campus. Training sessions are regularly scheduled, so be sure to visit the MakerLodge site for details.
- MIT International Science Technology Initiatives (MISTI): Matches MIT students with tailored internship, research and teaching opportunities abroad.
- MIT SANDBOX: Seed funding for student-initiated entrepreneurship ideas, mentoring, and tailored educational experiences