Research Beyond MIT
Students sometimes have interest in conducting research outside of UROP and MIT - whether to be closer to family and friends or to experience research in different contexts and environments. Some helpful links to help you in your search for research opportunities beyond MIT are provided below.
- Amgen Scholars Program: This undergraduate summer research program affords accepted students the opportunity to conduct summer research in a range of science and biotechnology fields at universities throughout the nation and in Asia. Extensive program information including links to each program site can be found online.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU): NSF-funded research opportunities for undergraduate students. For full information on the program, including a search feature to help you identify possible REU projects and research sites can be found on the NSF-REU site.
- Cornell University's Office of Undergraduate Biology: Maintains an extensive list of Summer Research Opportunities including details on locations, application deadlines and more.
- NASA Internships: Details on available opportunities can be found on the NASA STEM Engagement web site.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC): Maintains a list of Summer Undergraduate Research Programs related to biotechnology and medicine.
Also, try searching the internet for undergraduate research programs. You'll be amazed by the wealth of opportunities awaiting you!